|Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake. Image: marthastewart.com|
By Baliview at 2:50 AM coffee break, coffee cake, coffee farmer, coffee recipe, coffee shop, coffee tips, Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake, Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake recipe No comments
Coffee is part of the culture of the world for a long time, which can be a bridge for social life, politics, the arts, business, and romance. Drinking a cup of coffee every morning or afternoon coffee break has also become routine in the world. Coffee has inspired many people to develop coffee in various forms of drinks and snacks, even for cosmetics, perfumes and medicines.
If you visit a coffee shop or a pastry shop, you also can find cakes or snacks based coffee powder. You will enjoy the cakes or biscuits with coffee as part of a delicious cake recipe, even you will enjoy the fragrant aroma of coffee. Now, you can find a variety of pastries and biscuits in packaging in the supermarket. Do you want to enjoy a coffee cake in different variations? You need to note the following recipe, and you can make this delicious cake in your beautiful kitchen or your coffee shop.
The ingredients of Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake:
For the Streusel
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
6 ounces ( 3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
For the cake:
5 Meyer lemons, cut into paper-thin slices, ends discarded
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
4 ounces (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons finely grated Meyer lemon zest (from 4 to 5 lemons)
2 large eggs
For the Glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
1. Make the streusel: Mix together flour, brown sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut butter into the flour mixture until small to medium clumps form. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use (up to 3 days).
2. Make the cake: Cook lemon slices in a medium saucepan of simmering water for 1 minute. Drain, and repeat. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch angel food cake pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest with a mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer running, add eggs, 1 at a time, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream.
4. Spoon 1/2 of the batter evenly into cake pan. Arrange 1/2 of the lemon slices in a single layer over the batter. Spread remaining batter evenly over the top. Cover with the remaining lemon slices in a single layer. Sprinkle the chilled streusel evenly over the batter.
5. Bake until cake is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack set over a baking sheet, and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan, and remove outer ring. Let cool on rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the center tube. Slide 2 wide spatulas between the bottom of the cake and the pan, and lift cake to remove from the center tube. Let cool completely on rack.
6. Make the glaze: Just before serving, stir together confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake, letting excess drip down the sides. Let glaze set before slicing, about 5 minutes.
The quote from marthastewart.com
Layers of thinly sliced Meyer lemons lend a mellow complexity to this otherwise classic coffee cake. Thought to be a cross of a lemon and a mandarin, the fruit has an orange cast, a thin rind, and a heavily perfumed flesh that's valued by chefs.
You can try this great recipe on weekends, and enjoy in the evening with family or friends. You can enjoy the Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake with a cup of coffee, espresso or black tea. To enjoy afternoon tea or a delicious coffee break, it looks like you do not have to wait for an invitation from Buckingham Palace or the White House. I'm sure, enjoyed a weekend can be done with the loved ones.
This unique recipe I got from marthastewart.com, you can visit this great website any time if you want to get a variety of special recipe.
By Baliview at 7:01 PM cappuccino, coffee break, coffee business, coffee farmer, coffee genetic, coffee news, coffee shop, coffee tips, espresso No comments
|Let’s drink coffee with a new taste. Image: pinterest.com|
An achievement of science has revealed. This is tremendous news, especially for coffee lovers. Entrepreneurs or companies in the field of coffee will also welcome the amazing news. The findings are published in scientific journals in the United States. If composition human genes or other creatures have been found, the genetic makeup, or genome copies have started strung.
The study, recently discovered, could provide new insights into the coffee flavor and aroma of coffee that can be created on one's favorite drink. True coffee lovers will probably curious about this important discovery. Do you also get to enjoy a cup of coffee or espresso and cappuccino with coffee aroma, and taste new, based on this new discovery?
|Coffee, espresso and cappuccino. Image: sciencedaily.com|
This coffee genetic discovery could certainly help the development of the coffee plant, even helping to develop new varieties. Also increases the durability of the effect of coffee on the environment such as climate change and pesticides. The true fan would want to enjoy coffee coffee more natural, with a genuine flavor real coffee.
Victor Albert, professor of biological sciences at the University at Buffalo, USA said that "By knowing the genetic makeup of coffee can help us understand the other interesting things besides enjoying coffee in the morning." Her team compiled the genetics of the species Coffea canephora coffee. Types of coffee Robusta coffee is one of them. Robusta coffee account for 30 percent of production in the world.
By Baliview at 1:48 AM Barista, coffee aroma, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee lovers, coffee machine, coffee makers, coffee tips, drink coffee, kopi luwak, make coffee, make coffee at home, organic coffee, roasted coffee 1 comment
|Drink coffee in bed. Image: thestrawberrylane.com|
If you are a true coffee lovers you will definitely be able to distinguish delicious coffee and bad coffee. You must also understand where the coffee shop to suit your taste. I am sure you will not go back to the coffee shop which failed to fulfill your taste.
You definitely want to be satisfied when drinking coffee at home. As a true coffee lovers you also know the type of coffee and coffee brand which fits with your tongue.
You can also distinguish the taste of instant coffee, and coffee which processed manually or in the traditional way. Perhaps you've been drinking Kopi Luwak, unique coffee from Bali or Sumatra.
Choose and cultivate coffee to drink at home